Bowel / Colorectal Cancer Screening Test
SYNLAB’s Faecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) is a bowel / colorectal cancer screening test. FIT is a sensitive screening test which selectively detects the human globin-protein in stool, making it specific to colonic blood loss.
- Bowel cancer is the UK’s 4th most common cancer, and the 2nd biggest cancer killer*
- Bowel cancer is treatable – early diagnosis saves lives*
- Non invasive home test kit – only 1 stool sample needed
- Samples sent directly by patient to the laboratory
- Supports NICE DG30 guidelines
SYNLAB’s FIT kits include everything a patient needs to do the screening test in the privacy of their own home.
To discuss adding FIT kits and screening test to your account, please contact Customer Services on 01873 856688 or contact us.
FIT screening is for asymptomatic patients – patients experiencing bowel cancer symptoms should seek medical advice. Further information about bowel cancer can be found at: www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk
*Source: Bowel Cancer UK