Pathology First (PF) was formed in 2014 and is a joint venture between Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and private sector partners – Integrated Pathology Partnerships (iPP). Pathology First delivers full laboratory services to a population of 750,000 patients and over 250 GP practices across 6 CCGs in the South East.
Pathology First brings together the skills and experience of its partners and their parent companies to strengthen the quality, delivery and efficiency of pathology services, providing:
- Modern, refurbished, central laboratory in Basildon which opened in February 2016.
- New, state of the art equipment.
- Optimised layouts that ensure the most efficient use of time and resources.
- Industry tested, robust IT systems that are fully integrated and utilised between laboratories and referral sites.
- Deployment of international best working practices that deliver efficiency savings.
Pathology First operates a robust, clinically led, integrated governance structure to deliver services across multiple trusts. Our quality management system ensures our analytical procedures are of the highest quality.
Pathology First carries out more than 1200 different types of tests across the following pathology disciplines:
- Haematology and Coagulation
- Blood Transfusion
- Cellular Pathology