SYNLAB works closely with private clinics, hospitals, and occupational health / wellness providers to offer a wide range of pathology tests.
Through direct relationships with urologists, SYNLAB enables urologists to add ADXBLADDER, a non-invasive diagnostic test for bladder cancer, to their portfolio of urology tests.
WHAT IS THE ADXBLADDER TEST?
- Non-invasive urine test – full test kit supplied.
- Urinary biomarkers can act as a non-subjective method of detecting the presence of bladder cancer cells.
- MCM5 is a novel biomarker of growth and in normal urothelium expression is restricted to the basal proliferative compartment.
- In urothelial carcinomas, MCM5 is expressed in all layers resulting in the exfoliation of MCM5-expressing tumour cells into the urine.
WHICH PATIENTS IS THE ADXBLADDER TEST SUITABLE FOR?
The ADXBLADDER test can be used for both initial haematuria investigations as well as post bladder cancer treatment as recurrent tumours can occur.
- Simple non-invasive urine test for haematuria investigations for patients presenting typical bladder cancer symptoms.
- Regular post bladder cancer treatment test to monitor any recurrence.
- Results indicate whether there is possibility of bladder cancer, which can then be followed up with a cystoscopy if required.
For further information on offering ADXBLADDER at your clinic, please contact [email protected].
Any patients interested in bladder cancer testing should contact their clinic / urologist.